The WBE Certification Period is for 3 years. To avoid a lapse in Certification, all WBEs must Recertify prior to their Certification Expiration Date. A notification to Recertify will be sent to the Business' Primary Contact during the Quarter the WBE Certification expires.
To complete the Recertification Process, WBEs should:
- Login to the Wisconsin Supplier Diversity Portal - wisdp.wi.gov
- Verify and Update Business and Contact Information
- Upload 4 documents*:
- 3 Years of Federal Business Taxes (3 documents).
- Be sure to include Ownership Forms/Schedules
- i.e. Schedule K-1, Schedule C, Form 1125-E and/or Schedule G
- Recertification Applications cannot be approved without them.
- Current Business Financials, i.e. Profit and Loss Statement or Balance Sheet (1 document)
- Upload documentation of Home State WBE Certification (Out of State Businesses only. Additional certifications are not required.)
*Note: If 4 documents are not uploaded, the system will generate an error.
- Verify and Submit WBE Recertification Application
Supplier Diversity Staff will review Recertification Applications within 30 days and contact the Business' Primary Contact with questions or requests for additional information.
Businesses will receive a new Approval Letter and WBE Certificate once their Recertification Application has been approved.
If a WBE fails to complete the WBE Recertification Application, their WBE Certification will become Inactive.
There is a $150 fee for WBE Recertification Applications.