Out of State Businesses

​Eligible ​out of state businesses with WBE certification from their Home State, which means the home state and not a national agency, or local municipality issues the certification,can be WBE certified in Wisconsin. If an out of state business is not certified by their Home State, then they are not eligible for Wisconsin WBE Certification (Admin Code 83.92).​ Out of state businesses must also have a customer in Wisconsin to become WBE certified.​​

Wisconsin does not have reciprocity with other states. Businesses must complete the application process to become WBE certified in Wisconsin.

Out of state businesses must be registered in the State of Wisconsin through the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions (DFI). Here are the instructions on how to register with DFI. Register in WI.pdf​​​​​​

Recertification Page.jpg