DIRECTIONS ~ Wisconsin Supplier Diversity Program Updates by Director Tondra Davis
Renew in '22
As I reflect on 2021, I am grateful for the place the Supplier Diversity Program is in right now. Although tested, the Supplier Diversity Program proved its resilience by pivoting, bending, and stretching our staff, businesses, and community partners to conquer each and every challenge we faced. We persevered. We adapted. We thrived!
In our thriving, the list of our accomplishments is great and reflects the tremendous value in working together. I am truly humbled.
A big thank you to the SDP staff, certified businesses, State Agencies, UW Campuses, and our community partners. You each played a part in helping SDP achieve the following successes in 2021:
- Achieving the diverse spend goal for the first time in 6 years and the 5th time in the 38-year history of the Program!
- Exceeding the MBE spend goal with a spend of 5.35%!
- Launching our new website, newsletter, certification logos, and brochures!
- Growing the number of certifications to 1,300, including 50 DVBs (a record high number)!
- Distributing a weekly, Current Opportunities Bulletin!
Although this list is amazing, we won't rest on our laurels. Instead, we have a renewed commitment in 2022 to continue doing great things in Supplier Diversity – Renew in '22. We hope to continue building the number of certified businesses so that agencies, campuses, municipalities, etc. will have a vast array of diverse suppliers for contracts. We will continue strengthening relationships with State Agencies and UW Campuses and assisting them in meeting the state's 5% diverse spend goal with MBEs and 1% diverse spend goal with DVBs. We will continue to provide outreach and educational opportunities to diverse suppliers to aid them with the certification process and help them bid effectively on state contracts.
As we Renew in '22, we challenge you to do the same. Happy New Year!