MBE - Out of State Businesses

Eligible out of state businesses with MBE certification from their Home State, which means the home state and not a national agency, or local municipality issues the certification, can be MBE certified in Wisconsin. If an out of state business is not certified by their home state, then they may be certified under provisions of the Business Capability Condition (Admin Code 84.22(1)(b)). Eligibility for the Out of State Business Capability Condition is reviewed on a case by case basis.

Wisconsin does not have reciprocity with other states. Businesses must complete the MBE application process to become MBE certified in Wisconsin.

Out of state ​businesses must be registered in the State of Wisconsin through the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions (DFI). Here are instructions on how to register an out of state business with DFI. 

Register in WI.pdf


Recertification Page.jpg